Edge Hill University
Lancashire, North West England
About the University
Founded in 1885, Edge Hill is a leading campus university based in Lancashire North West England, close to Liverpool and Manchester. Our combination of beautifully landscaped grounds, state-of-the-art facilities, historic architecture, lakes and even a beach provides a unique and innovative study location. Edge Hill University has achieved Gold, in the national Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), for delivering ‘consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students’. ‘The quality of support and engagement infrastructure for students’ has also received international acclaim through a Global Teaching Excellence Spotlight Award. As a leading university, we are dedicated to creating opportunity from knowledge – a philosophy that drives our teaching. We are continually recognized for our outstanding achievements in student support, graduate employment and innovation, as well as our significant role in transforming lives.
Why Edge Hill University?
· TEF Gold rated institution
· British Council and BALEAP accredited Language Centre
· Safest University Town in North West England (Complete University Guide 2020)
· Best Value Accommodation in the UK (National Student Housing Awards 2019)
· Best Student Support in the North West and Top 10 in the UK, (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2020)
· Top 10 in the UK for Job Prospects (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2020)
· Top Three in the North West for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2021)
· £30million sports facilities
· Top in the North West for Facilities (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2020) and Learning Resources (National Student Survey 2020.) Specialist Facilities Include: Animation studios, Dance studios, Digital design suite, Drama Studios, Editing suites, Laboratories, Mock courtroom, Photography studio, Police Training and Simulation Facility (Crime House), TV and radio studios, Recording studio, Sports therapy clinic, The CAVE: 4k super immersive virtual 3D environment, Theatre construction workshop, Theatres
Edge Hill University is close to the thriving market town of Ormskirk which is home to a lively nightlife, plenty of high street shops, banks and supermarkets, and many cafes and restaurants.
A street market has been held in Ormskirk for more than 700 years and takes place every Thursday and Saturday with around 100 stalls selling everything from clothes, food and flowers to handmade gifts.
The town centre is a ten-minute walk or two-minute shuttle bus journey from the campus. Liverpool city centre is 30 minutes by train from Ormskirk. The birthplace of the Beatles, Liverpool is a vibrant, energetic and welcoming city. Boasting a UNESCO world heritage site on its iconic waterfront, the city is packed with attractions and entertainment, famous nightlife, and rich sporting history.
School Type: Public
Times Ranking: 0
Guardian Ranking: 75
Independent Ranking: 0
Tuition Fee: $ $ $
No. of students: 10000-20000
Acceptance Rate: N/A
Ave High School GPA: N/A
Student / faculty ratio:
Degrees offered: Bachelor's degree,Master's degree,Doctorate
Marketing & PR
Business & Management – including MBA
Sport & Physical Activity
Lancashire, North West England
Nearest Airport: Manchester and Liverpool