University of Derby
About the University
In the heart of England - the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution - we are proud to be building on our region's heritage of innovation with industry-relevant expert teaching and world-leading research.
We offer higher education in a wide choice of subject areas at our campus in Derby. Rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017 and Top 10 for Postgraduate Student Experience 2020, our academic strength is backed up by practical experience to ensure our students are ready for a successful career, wherever their talents lie.
As Derbyshire's only university we use our academic expertise, research and innovation to foster talent and promote links with businesses regionally, nationally and globally. In addition to traditional degree routes, our apprenticeships, continuing professional development, knowledge transfer and sector-leading online courses create opportunities for individuals, employers and communities to develop and flourish.
Why the University of Derby?
• We're rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF), putting Derby in the top 20% of all providers in the UK
• Top 10 Postgraduate Student Experience (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2020)
• No1 UK Modern University for multi-cultural learning (International Student Barometer 2018 UK Benchmark Group)
• Top 10 in the world for international student learning experience (International Student Barometer 2018 Global Benchmark Group)
• University of the Year for Social Mobility (UK Social Mobility Awards 2020)
• Higher Education Institution of the Year (National Education Opportunities Network (NEON) Awards 2020
• 96% of graduates in work of further study within six months of finishing their course, and 76.2% in graduate-level employment (HESA 2016/17)
• No1 UK Modern University for formally welcoming international students (International Student Barometer 2018 UK Benchmark Group)
• Best Customer Service, Best Student Well being and Best Environmental Management Awards, as well as the Quality Mark for International Student Accommodation (National Student Housing Awards 2019)
• No1 UK Modern University for faith provision (International Student Barometer 2018 UK Benchmark Group)
Our Derby Campus is home to the majority of our courses and it is made up of four sites. Getting between them and the halls of residence couldn't be easier. Whether heading to lectures or into town, students can hop on to our Unibuses or enjoy a short walk.
With more than £200 million invested in the last ten years, we offer some of the best university facilities in the UK. These include our STEM Center, Forensic Training Facility and NHS-standard hospital ward.
Derby sits in the center of England and it is close to the M1 and M6 motorways, as well as being within easy reach of East Midlands Airport. By train, you can get to London in 90 minutes or to Birmingham in 35 minutes. The city of Derby was awarded Purple Flag status in recognition that it is a welcoming and safe place with lots going on for international students to really experience British culture.
Times Ranking: 103
Guardian Ranking: 73
Independent Ranking: 87
No. of students:
Acceptance Rate: N/A
Ave High School GPA: N/A
Student / faculty ratio:
Big Data Analytics
Location: Small town,Campus
Nearest Airport: East Midlands