Cardiff Metropolitan University
About the University
Cardiff Metropolitan University has been named Welsh University of the Year in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. We are a progressive university with an established reputation for high quality teaching and research and provide practice-focused and professionally oriented education. We have recently been ranked #1 in the UK for Employability and Work Experience Satisfaction and we’re a Top 12 University for Graduate Start-ups. The University has five academic schools; School of Management, School of Technologies, School of Sport and Health Sciences, School of Education and School of Art and Design. We’re located in the city of Cardiff, the vibrant and cultured capital city of Wales, which has been consistently ranked the most affordable city for Students in the UK, making it the ideal location to study.
Why the University?
• Welsh University of the Year 2021 (Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide)
• Global Top 15 University for International Student Support (ISB 2019)
• Located in the most affordable student city in the UK (NatWest Student Living Index 2019)
• Best UK University for Residential & Accommodation Assistance (ISB 2019)
• Top UK University for Visa Advice (ISB 2019)
• Top in UK for Employability & Work Experience Satisfaction (ISB 2019)
• Top 12 for Graduate Start-ups (HESA Data 2015-2018)
• Internationally recognised sport performance programme and teams have qualified for major sporting events (UEFA Europa League & UEFA Woman’s Champions League)
Cardiff’s big city attitude combined with its small city benefits make it the ideal place to live, work and study.
As the Welsh capital, Cardiff boasts an excellent year-round calendar of events, hosting major sporting events like the 2017 UEFA Champions League Final, major theatre productions, big-name touring musicians, street food festivals and secret cinemas. You’ll find that there’s always something different to do here.
Located only two hours from London by road or train, Cardiff has an exciting and diverse character and has been named as one of the world's top cities to visit by National Geographic Magazine. If you are looking for a place where you will be made to feel welcome, somewhere that is lively, safe and easy to get around, Cardiff is your answer.
Times Ranking: 96
Guardian Ranking: 95
Independent Ranking: 98
No. of students: 10000-20000
Acceptance Rate: N/A
Ave High School GPA: N/A
Student / faculty ratio:
Location: City centre
Nearest Airport: Cardiff Airport